Monday, February 15, 2016

Vanilla Raspberry Overnight Oats


You guys. I rave about overnight oats all the time. I even use a hashtag for it!! I LOVE overnight oats!! I love that I wake up and it's already made. I love that it's healthy. I love that it fits into the 21 Day Fix meal plan. And I LOVE raspberries...so I have completely fallen in love with this recipe!!

If you haven't tried overnight oats, it is oatmeal that soaks in some sort of liquid overnight, in this case, almond milk. It sits with the other flavors as well, and in the morning you have a glorious concoction of yumminess that is ready to eat or grab to go where you're going!! It works great in a mason jar!!

Vanilla Raspberry Overnight Oats
Adapted from Get Healthy

1/2 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup vanilla almond milk
1 Tbsp. ground flax seed
1 Tsp. Honey
1/8 tsp. vanilla bean paste (I just use vanilla extract)
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup mashed raspberries (I just lightly thaw some frozen raspberries, and stir them in!)

1. In a mason jar, add rolled oats and vanilla almond milk.
2. Add flax seed, honey, vanilla, and pinch of salt.
3. Stir all ingredients thoroughly together with a fork.
4. In a separate bowl, mash 4-6 ripe raspberries.
5. Add raspberries to oatmeal and stir it all together.
6. Leave mason jar in the fridge overnight!!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment