Saturday, May 28, 2016
Well, I'm back again with another healthy recipe for you!
If you're like me, then you struggle to know what to put in your coffee that isn't full of calories, chemicals, and unclean ingredients!! I do LOVE regular, sugary flavored coffee creamers. But when I'm trying to follow the 21 Day Fix eating plan, and trying to cut out all the junk, then I need some help when it comes to coffee!!
I can drink it black, but I prefer some sort of flavoring. I have tried bulletproof coffee, and LOVE it, but right now, I am out of organic, grass-fed butter. Sooooo, I looked on Pinterest and found this great recipe for coffee creamer!! You just mix it into your coffee, and then blend it up! You will have a frothy, sweet coffee treat without the guilt, chemicals, or calories!! Try it and see if you like it!!
Homemade Coconut Oil Coffee Creamer
Modern Hippie Housewife
3/4 cup coconut oil, organic (soft but not melted)
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 Tbs. cocoa powder
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and whisk them until they are well combined.
Store in a glass jar with a sealed lid!!
>>>>>>>>>>This is how you use this creamer!!
Brew your favorite cup of coffee (she suggests 2 cups.)
Add 1-2 tbsp. of coconut oil coffee creamer to your hot coffee. You can also add a teaspoon of grassfed butter, if you have it.
Use a blender or mini bullet blender, and blend the coffee and creamer on high for about 5 seconds.
Let me know below if you've tried it!
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
This meal will easily fit into the 21 Day Fix, because you can just count up each thing, depending on how much you have! The salad would be a green container, the rice a yellow container, the peanut sauce could probably fit into the teaspoon category or possibly the orange container, and the chicken would be the red container for protein!! The cashews would fit into the orange container! Just measure each thing out, and you have a bowl of yummy goodness!! Bon appetite!!
Thai Cashew Coconut Rice with Ginger Peanut Sauce
From Host the Toast
A Kitchen Kapers Blog
For the Coconut Rice:
1 1/2 cups dry jasmine rice (or white or brown rice)
1 (15 oz) can unsweetened coconut milk
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
For the salad:
2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
1 red cabbage, shredded (I used a regular green cabbage because that's what I had on hand!)
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
1 small red onion, finely diced
1 cup cilantro, chopped
3/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
1 cup cashews, finely chopped
For the Ginger Peanut Sauce:
1/3 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons honey
3 teaspoons freshly grated ginger (I just used ginger spice)
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons sesame oil
Water to thin
1. Rinse the dry rice well until the water runs clear.
2. In a medium-sized pot, mix together the rice, coconut milk, garlic, salt, and water. Cover and bring to a boil.
3. Once the pot reaches a rolling boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes, turn off heat and let sit (with lid on) for an additional 10 minutes.
5. As you wait for the rice, make the peanut sauce.
6. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the peanut butter and honey. Microwave for 15 seconds, or until the peanut butter thins. Stir well. Add the ginger, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Stir again. Thin as desired with water.
7. Fluff the rice and combine it with the chopped vegetables and cashews. Drizzle with a bit of the Ginger Peanut Sauce and taste - you probably won't need to use all of it. Garnish with lime wedges!! Enjoy!!
Let me know in the comments section if you've tried it!! Keep coming back for more healthy, delicious meals!!
I will be starting my Slim Down for Spring Challenge group on Monday, May 23, and my first Challenge group just for clean eating on Monday, June 6!! All you need for that one is the Fixate cookbook and portion control containers!! Contact me for more details!! Let's get fit for summer!! In a delicious way!