Sunday, March 6, 2016
Thai Basil Beef
Oh my gosh...YUM!! This dinner was so extremely delicious, easy, and quick to make! My 3 favorite things about a dinner! We eat a lot of chicken, so I feel like it's a treat when I make something other than chicken! This dinner calls for 12 oz. of beef, and I used the sliced beef for Carne Asada, which I found at Aldi's!! This makes it even easier, because the beef is already sliced! Just one less step in the dinner process! My 4 year old was raving about this meal!
So, if you need something different, tasty, healthy, and homemade, then skip the takeout and make this!!
Thai Basil Beef (Pad Gra Prow)
The Woks of Life
2 Tablespoons oil
12 oz. beef, sliced thinly against the grain and mixed with 1 teaspoon oil and 2 teaspoons cornstarch
5 cloves garlic, chopped (I used the already chopped kind, in a jar, just another step to make things simpler!!
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced thinly (I used more, since I really like pepper!)
1 small onion, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon dark soy sauce (I just used all regular soy sauce, low sodium)
1 teaspoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce (I didn't have this on hand, so I just added some more soy sauce)
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 cup Thai basil leaves, packed (I didn't use quite this much, I also just used regular basil)
Cilantro, to garnish
1. Heat your wok or skillet over high heat, and add the oil. Sear the beef until just browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Add the garlic and red pepper to the pan and stir-fry for about 20 seconds. Add the onions and stir-fry until browned and slightly caramelized.
3. Put the beef back in, with the soy sauces, oyster sauce, fish sauce, and sugar (I actually mixed these together first before I added them to the skillet.)
4. Stir-fry for another few seconds, and then fold in the basil until it's just wilted.
5. Serve with rice (regular or Jasmine) and garnish with cilantro!!
If you've tried this recipe, I would love to hear a review below!!