Monday, January 18, 2016

Creamy Chicken Salad


You guys, seriously!!

This is one of my favorite healthy lunches!! I am a HUGE fan of chicken salad, and I love that I can make this ahead of time and have it for the week!! So, I wanted to share this recipe with you!! I'm so nice like that!!

You can serve it over 2 cups of lettuce, roll it up in a wrap, or serve it up on some bread!! I will also include the recipe for the amazing homemade honey mustard dressing that goes into this!

This is also a good recipe to travel well! Pack it for lunch on-the-go, and know that you will have a yummy, healthy lunch already prepared!!

Creamy Chicken Salad
Fixate Cookbook
Autumn Calabrese
Serves: 4 (But I just make it for myself and eat it all week :))
21 Day Fix: 1 Green, 1/2 purple, 1 red, 1/2 blue, 1/2 orange

3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken breast, boneless, skinless
1/2 cup chopped green apple
1/2 cup seedless red grapes, cut in half
1/3 cup sliced raw almonds
2 green onions, sliced
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon
1/4 cup Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
8 cups shredded romaine lettuce (if you are serving this as a meal all at one time)

1. Combine chicken, apple, grapes, almonds, green onions, tarragon, and Honey Mustard Salad Dressing in a large bowl; mix well. Refrigerate, covered, for 2 hours.
2. Serve 1 1/4 cups Creamy Chicken Salad over 2 cups romaine lettuce for each serving.

Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
Fixate Cookbook
Autumn Calabrese

1/2 cup reduced fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard, gluten-free
3 Tbsp. raw honey
3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Sea Salt (to taste; optional)

1. Combine yogurt, mustard, honey, and vinegar in a medium bowl; mix well.
2. Slowly add oil, whisking constantly until well blended; season with salt if desired.

Seriously, you are going to love this!! I know it's one of my favorites!!

No comments:

Post a Comment